Immigration Law News. Crime Stories, Law on News and Legal Publications in March, 2012

Top Picks in News

According to Rest Assured MC, Freezing Bed Bugs with Cryonite will Become One ...
San Francisco Chronicle (press release)March 1, 2012

As bed bug infestations continue to occur more frequently, pest control companies and property managers will be turning to Cryonite machines to freeze bed bugs and eliminate them from the properties says Lorne Chadnick of Rest Assured MC.more »

U.K. Revenue Department Increased Tax Collection, Auditors Say
BloombergMarch 1, 2012

Britain's Revenue and Customs office raised 4.3 billion pounds ($6.9 billion) from programs aimed at preventing tax evasion in the five years through 2011, the public spending watchdog said. The National Audit Office said in a report today that the ...more »

Immigration Law News and Stories

[read all news]
Fed court hears challenge to Ga. immigration law
Rome News TribuneMarch 1, 2012

by GREG BLUESTEIN and KATE BRUMBACK,AP Pro immigration Demonstrators march outside the 11th US Circuit Court of Appeals which is hearing arguments in the legal challenges against tough new laws targeting illegal immigration in Alabama and Georgia, ...more »

Political Asylum & Refugees
[read all news]
Kenney should turbo-charge Canada's refugee system
National PostMarch 9, 2012

And they are one of the two biggest reasons that so many asylum-seekers make for Canada. The other is their comparatively high chances of acceptance here, and we can debate whether Canada's threshold for granting asylum is too low. But if a refugee...more »

[read all news]
Miami Valedictorian Faces Deportation
WCVB-TVMarch 3, 2012

By John CouwelsCNN (CNN) -- An immigration judge has ruled two teenage girls, including a Miami high school valedictorian, are to be deported for being in the country illegally. Daniela Pelaez, 18, and her sister Dayana came to the United States with ...more »

Undocumented Workers
[read all news]
OUR VIEW: Get them licensed, make our roads safer (Poll)
Colorado Springs GazetteMarch 2, 2012

They do not like perceived lawlessness of illegal immigrants and often complain that they are completely undocumented and living outside of the law. So a new plan is underway that will help change some of that. A group called “Driver's License For All” ...more »

Bowen cuts immigration redtape for business
supply chain reviewMarch 9, 2012

He says the Government will establish a fast-tracked pathway from the temporary skilled sub-class 457 visa to permanent residence under the employer-sponsored visa program, enabling skilled migrants to settle and work in regional and metropolitan ...more »

Green Card & Naturalization
[read all news]
10 Facts You Need to Know About Immigrant Women
Center For American ProgressMarch 7, 2012

In 2010, 55 percent of all people obtaining a green card were women. Of these women 60 percent were already married, while the other 40 percent were single, widowed, or divorced. Women comprised 47 percent of all refugee arrivals and 53 percent of all ...more »

Waivers & Special Cases
[read all news]
Secure Communities: The Real Cost of Failed Immigration Policy
Huffington PostMarch 2, 2012

They then make decisions about whether or not to put that person into deportation proceedings. The assumption here is that everyone who is arrested must be a criminal because law enforcement does not arrest just anybody, right?more »


Legal and Criminal News in 2015
Legal and Criminal News in 2014
Legal and Criminal News in 2013
Legal and Criminal News in 2012
Legal and Criminal News in 2011
Legal and Criminal News in 2010
Legal and Criminal News in 2009
Legal and Criminal News in 2008
Legal and Criminal News in 2007
Legal and Criminal News in 2006
Legal and Criminal News in 2005
Legal and Criminal News in 2004
Legal and Criminal News in 2003
Legal and Criminal News in 2002
Legal and Criminal News in 2001
Book of the Day in our Store
Share it on TwitterFacebook
Unsettling the Settler Within: Indian Residential Schools, Truth Telling, and Reconciliation in CanadaUnsettling the Settler Within: Indian Residential Schools, Truth Telling, and Reconciliation in Canada
by Paulette Regan
  • Price: $39.95
from $29.72
Peter A ArturiAttorney at LawPRACTICE AREA: Real Estate Law, Business Law, Sports Law, Industrial Development Law
Thomas T ZiemanAttorney at LawPRACTICE AREA: Litigation, Sports Law